Saturday, November 13, 2010

"Falling" in Love with Niagra Falls


Oh, my goodness, Niagra Falls is one spectacular world wonder!  We went to the Canadian side to view this incredible waterfall.   We stood so close the water was mesmerizing.



The falls makes its own weather.  Driving on the rodes close to the falls we had to turn on our windshield wipers. It was like being in a downpour and that was just the mist.  The clerk at the eatery said everyday is different.  Some days the mist blows toward the Canadian side and the bottom of the falls is obscured then on other days the winds take the mist in the opposite direction and its a whole new view. 



We paid for an "Adventure Pass" that gave us access to the lower tunnel.  I was impressed by the power of the falling water.  We also saw a 4-D movie that included being sprayed by water, being snowed on and jiggled on a platform.  It was kind of like Soaring over California but with snow and rain.

We're told during tourist season, the falls are lit up at night plus they have fireworks each night.  Oh baby, that's my kind of attraction. I'm all about the fireworks!

2 comments:

Meg said...

How fun! I love Niagra Falls. It looks like you guys are having the time of your life! I hope you still want to come home in April. :)

Shortcake and Company said...

Niagra Falls is a place to visit on my bucket list. But all I could think of while reading this post is "What would my hair think of it??" I'm SO grateful you an Doc are visiting these places. It's the silver lining of having you gone.