Saturday, February 23, 2008

Top of the Day to You!



Top of the Day to you from Sister Plucky Cloverhopper (Pam) and Elder Weebit Twinkletoes ( Doc)!

I took the Lephrecan name test on Chelsey and Rachelle's blogs and came up with our funny names.

Here's wishing all an early Happy St. Patrick's Day. Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day in a big way. They even color the Chicago River green!

As the holiday gets closer and we find out more St. Patty's activities in Chicagoland, I'll add them to the blog.

One quick St. Patrick's memory. I'll never forget when the children were young, Tiffany came to me around March 1st and asked when St. Tiffany's Day was. She knew we were going to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and just wanted to know when her day was planned. Several years later when I spoke at ther mission farewell, I told her that Sunday was St. Tiffany's Day and what a terrific Saint she was.

I hope Rachelle remembers waking up on St. Patrick's Day to find her bedroom floor covered in green things--from cloverleaf stickers, green apples, Irish Spring soap, Sprite, etc., etc.

Tiffany, Patrick, and Chelsey all remember the St. Patrick's Day they awoke with their faces painted in green polk dots. The sad thing, the paint permanently stained their pillowcases.

That pesky Leprechan!

4 comments:

Shortcake and Company said...

I remember so many different Leprechaun tricks--it was so much fun. I love to carry this tradition on with my little ones. Yours and Doc's Leprechaun names are so funny. :)

Rachelle Carling said...

I totally remember that St. Patrick's Day but I think you made each one fun and caused me to wonder what the leprechaun would do next. I sure love your names... they are pretty dang cute! Love ya lots!

Shannon said...

Pam, It's Shannon, I hope you don't care that I comment on your blog. I stamped with Tiff and Chels the other night and had so much fun listening to the things that that pesky leprechaun did to them when they were kids. They were telling me the things that the leprechaun now does to their kids, it sounds pretty funny. I'm thinking the leprechaun is going to come to our house from now on. You have such a fun family and some pretty amazing girls that I've become friends with. They miss you and doc tons. By the way, my Leprechaun name is Tiny Whiskeybreath.

Meg said...

Maybe this year I'll try dying Pat's hair green again...oh wait, I just realized he's going to be out of town! Dang it!