
We just love Sister and President Roach. They are shining examples of Christ-like servants.
In September, Sister Roach asked if I knew how to knit. She wanted to knit scarves for all the sister missionaries for Christmas. Jan Gordon gave her the idea, knitting needles and some yarn. She and I both hadn't knit since we were in middle school, many, many moons ago. Well surprisingly, it all came back. We followed Jan's instructions and started knitting scarves. When Sister Roach counted the scarves she had 41! Jan had sent 10 and between us we had knit enough that each sister could pick a scarf at the Christmas gathering mid-December. We were so excited to watch the sisters pick the one they liked the most. With the temperatures dropping, the scarves have been a functional as well as ornamental addition. Each sister expressed gratitude for our effort.
1 comment:
I love this idea. I also love the scarf you knit and gave me when we visited a couple of weeks ago. You're always such a thoughtful gift giver. I'm sure these sister missionaries will treasure their scarves for years to come.
Post a Comment