Saturday, February 9, 2008

"I Hope They Call Me On A Mission"




Doc and I started our mission on March 26, 2007. We entered the MTC in Provo, completed training in Salt Lake and packed the Pathfinder and headed across America for Chicago, Illinois. Doc said we packed so many things in the car if we ate a sandwich, we'd have to eat it outside because there just wasn't room inside.

We have been serving a little over 10 of our 18 months. We love doing what Heavenly Father wants us to do, but oh how we miss and love family.

Doc continues to assist the mission medical coordinators and the missionaries with health concerns. The missionaries love talking with him. He always says, "We want to get you better." The missionaries know he really means it. I have helped him in transcribing medical contact notes and also publishing a monthly newsletter for the mission medical coordinators.

Come spring we will be traveling more. Our direction from Salt Lake is to try to visit all of the missions twice during our mission. We have visited 9 of the 18 missions so far. We are looking forward to visiting in person with all of the mission presidents and their wives. We love and admire them so much.

3 comments:

Rachelle Carling said...

Mom... I am so glad you started a blog! I love it! You're so creative that I bet your blog will be stellar. I have to admit, you are one fine writer. Keep up the posts and photos. Love and miss you like crazy!

Shortcake and Company said...

Hallelujah--8 more months to go. It's true, we're glad you are serving the Lord but boy, do we miss you. Your blog looks awesome. Great job!

Meg said...

I sure hope you didn't start your mission in Sept 2007, because that means you're not coming home until April 2009!! You're blog is so cute and I love that I'll be able to check and see with pictures what you guys are up to. We can't wait for you to come home, but we see blessings in our family every day because you are doing the Lord's work. Hang in there! We love you!