



My oh my, do we feel loved or what! Thank you everyone for the Valentines. We got lots of cards, e-cards, treats, gifts, well wishes and prayers. Everything was so special and appreciated.
The day started off with heart-shaped pancakes on our "sweet" heart-shaped plates. I kept our Christmas wreath on our door but added shiny red hearts for Valentine's Day. Doc enjoys puzzles. A few days before the 14th, I gave him an early present--a Valentine puzzle. He loves the challenge of finding the right piece for the right spot. He picked working on the puzzle over reading his newspaper. Doc enjoyed his puzzle so much, he gave me a puzzle too.
We invited the young elders for dinner. I served chicken caccitore, spinach salad, French bread and President Hinckley's favorite chocolate cake. Everyone seemed to enjoy.
I must admit, the best part of the holiday was talking with loved ones at home!
3 comments:
Looks like a fun Valentine's Day! I couldn't get my pancakes to look like heart though; they looked mmore like fish. That's ok, I think the boys prefer fish anyways. We sure love you!
You're the original holiday queen! I'm so blessed to call you Mom! We sure love you and thought about you on hearts day.
You sure know how to make the holidays special. You celebrate in style, I love it! We truly are blessed to have you as a influence in our lives. Love you lots and hope you had a good Valentine's in Chicago (because it will be the last one away from us-- YAHOO!)
Post a Comment