Okay, okay, I admit it. I love animals, birds, etc. My children tease me that given enough time, I can do a pedigree chart on most animals I watch for a while, like the stray cats at the West Mountain house.
Our office looks out to a courtyard full of trees, which also means lots of birds. We have watched cardinals, blue jays (which happen to be rather big), robins, doves and small finches.
To explain the photo, we have assigned parking in carports close by our apartment. A small bird family decided to build a nest and raise a family in the light right by our parking space. I watched the parents come and go as I got into or out of the car. The birds are smaller than sparrows so I think they must be a finch variety.
Elder Mendenhall noticed they barely make it to the rim of the nest before they relieve themselves.
Just last week I pulled into the parking space and noticed the new little ones testing their wings for the first time. Ah what adventures they'll have as they leave the nest. True for us too!

4 comments:
that is so cool! this morning me and my mom went running and we saw a baby bird take his first flight and couldn't fly very well then the mom swooped down and chirped at us as if saying go away! then went back chirping at the baby and helping him out!
~kenna
You know I'm not an animal lover but I do love bird watching! How fun!
Well I'm not surprised...you are so caring about all creatures: furry, feathered, hairy and well...just plain human!
You guys always have some sort of animal to watch while you're gone. I think they know you're coming! That is too cute.
Post a Comment