I love America! Driving across America three times has made me appreciate this promised land even more. I love the spirit that lives here. We are so blessed.
I thought you might enjoy a bit of Americana pictures we've taken while serving this time. This photo was taken at Stonington, CT. It's a seaport that was founded in the early 1600s. We visited there this past week. I just had to get a picture by this great fence gate.
Move over Lady Liberty, I'm vying for your job. Instead of a street lamp or liberty's torch, I think I'll lift the light of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. (Sorry for the cheesy narrative.)
One last flag. This one is at the gate to Windsor Locks State Park. The bike path is 4.5 miles long. One side has the Connecticut River and the other side is the lock.
Happy, Happy 4th of July!



1 comment:
How neat to see our flag displayed everywhere. I'm sure that entire area back there is like one big Americana calendar!
Post a Comment