Synonymous with New England is lighthouses. When we learned we were going to serve in Connecticut, I hoped we'd get the opportunity to visit some lighthouses. Here's our first one. I was surprised it was so small. This one is found right next to the Atlantic Ocean in Stonington, CT. The town was established in the 1600s and has restored a part of the original borough.
Here is a replica of one of the lights that was used to illuminate. They also have posted pictures and locations of lighthouses in New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut.
We were able to climb to the small (and I mean small) cubicle at the top where the light would have been situated. The view of the Atlantic is spectacular. I'm mesmerized by the ocean anyway.
Part of the display includes old artifacts used in the lighthouse. This one is a medical satchel. They also had on display all sorts of medical instruments too.
Shhh, don't tell anyone. I just had to wiggle my toes in the Atlantic.






2 comments:
i wish i could go to the lighthouse it looks amazing
Oh my gosh...who would have thought lighthouses are so small? That's so cool. I love the little artifacts too. And, what a rebel you are dipping your toes in the ocean. Ha, ha! Good for you!!
Post a Comment