The Boston Massachusetts Temple is the closest one to us. It's about two hours away in one of Boston's suburbs. We learned Elder Mendenhall's phone will not pick up the signal in our meeting house so attending church is limited since he really needs to be accessible 24/7. We decided to visit the temple grounds. Even though it was a Sunday and we had the temple grounds all to ourselves, the Spirit was ever present and we felt privileged to walk on sacred ground.
Like all the temples, the grounds are landscaped exquisitely.
White lillies greet patrons by the entrances.
We used our Garmin GPS to locate the temple. Excited to see the sign that says "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints", I turned at the first opportunity. We ended up at a meeting house. At the end of the parking lot was this sign. I thought it a little funny the temple parking lot was so small and patrons had to hike to get to the temple. The sad thing is we were on the back side. If I had driven just a little further we would have been to the entrance and main parking lot that is like most of the other temples--large and well landscaped. I guess I just didn't know what to expect here in the Northeast.







2 comments:
Wow is that beautiful. Hopefully you'll get back again but through the right entrance. Then again, I can see using that sign for many a lesson
What a cool temple! I'm so glad you ventured out. It's great that you get to see so many neat parts of America.
Post a Comment