Friday, August 22, 2008

Saying Goodbye to the Turleys



We adore President and Sister Turley of the Missouri St. Louis Mission! We couldn't ask for more dear friends.

They invited us into their home and they will be forever in our hearts.

The Turleys hosted us for two nights and treated us like royalty. When we left this morning, Sister Turley even packed us a delicious lunch.


Saying goodbye to the Turley's has been one of the hardest parts of the mission. They are such righteous, dedicated people! We miss them already and we haven't even left our mission yet.

When we left Spanish Fork 18-months ago, we cried and now that we're leaving wonderful friends, we are both crying again!

3 comments:

Tiffany Fairbanks said...

The crying is the sure sign of a mission well served! I wouldn't expect anything less from both of you. You just can't be too happy to leave something you have thrown your heart into. Rest assured...we will be happy to have you home though!!

Shortcake and Company said...

They sure do sound like wonderful people. I hope you can stay in touch after you come home.

Jdougolsen said...

I know the feeling. I felt the exact same way when I left to go on my mission, and then, left to go home. I felt like I was leaving home all over again.

Yet, you can go back again. The memories and feelings are always with you.

Hope to see you soon!