Thursday, April 7, 2011

See the USA in Your Chevrolet . . . Really a Nissan Pathfinder


I LOVE America!  Every time we road trip, I feel a reverence for this promised land. Driving back to Utah was no exception.  The following pictures were taken from the car window as we drove past the various sites.

The above photo is of a car factory in either Pennsylvania or Ohio. 



We have driven past this implement factory in Iowa several. We remembered the stacked trailers.  This time I wasn't driving and could take a few pictures.



Iowa has some of prettiest farm land.  Acres and acres of land were waiting for spring planting. I also love how neat and kept the farm houses are. 


Wind farms dot the countryside in Nebraska and Wyoming. It's quite a sight to see the huge turbines whirl.


I can't remember the significance of the bridge that spanned the freeway but it had some impressive sculptures on each end.  Notice the ominous sky.


Nebraska hosts the national headquarters of Cabella's.  The huge store has some impressive bronze sculptures surrounding it.


Hurray . . .  MOUNTAINS! 


Mountains never looked so beautiful.


Yipeee, Utah! Just a few short miles and we're HOME!

I know we were protected in our travel, both while serving and while driving home.  Heavenly Father was ever mindful of us.  Knowing we had storms in store for some of our trip home, we prayed Heavenly Father would temper the weather.  For most of the trip, the weather was cold but roads were clear. The last day of our journey snow and rain were predicted through Nebraska, Wyoming and Utah. Knowing that Wyoming can get some nasty storms that close the freeway, we left our trip in the Lord's hands.  As we drove through the storms, it was obvious the heavy parts were on our right and on our left, literally. It was as if the clouds were parted. I had the overpowering feeling Heavenly Father was tenderly caring for us and our return.  How grateful I am.

It's so good to be home!

1 comment:

Shortcake and Company said...

Having you see the USA is the best part of having you gone...I'm so glad you got to see the areas you did. BUT...I am overjoyed to have you both home.