April 21, 2011 is a day we had long awaited. Doc and I were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple! Above is a picture of us heading out to Salt Lake . . . plenty early. Rachelle came at 6 a.m. (before the chickens were up) and curled my hair and did my make up-- truly a kindness! I even felt like a bride.
Here we are after the sealing on the temple steps.

Look how ornate the door knobs are to the temple.
Following the sealing ceremony and after a few pictures, we were off to a luncheon at the Lion House. Now the Lion House is significant because while serving our medical missions when we couldn't get anyone on the medical list to answer their phone, Doc would say, "They're out having lunch at the Lion House with their family." Soooo, we just had to enjoy lunch at the Lion House with our family too!
The menu was fresh fruit with a lime dressing, chicken stuffed crepes with wild rice and steamed squash, melt in your mouth famous Lion House rolls with honey butter and raspberry cheesecake.
Sorry Rachelle, I only got a picture of your hands!?! I guess I can't see as well as hear.
All of our family except Marshall and Christina who live in Belgium were in attendance. What a blessing!







2 comments:
It sure was a beautiful day, and you were so beautiful yourself! I'm so happy we could be a part of it. And SOOO happy you're home!!
That was so cool to watch! I loved being a part of your special day.
Post a Comment