Perhaps the best part of our mission has been getting to know and love the mission presidents and their wives. What wonderful, dedicated, terrific people! President and Sister Cannon at the South Dakota Rapid City Mission invited us to stay at their home and teach at a zone conference. How we adore the Cannons! Sister Cannon has a quick wit and is full of energy. She has included me in a few of her projects and I love working with her.
While we were there in June, they took us to Mt. Rushmore in the evening. The site is spectacular lighted up at night. I also enjoyed the rows of flags of the 50 states that leads up to the viewpoint.
Even though our mission will be complete in two months, the friendships we have made will continue on for a lifetime and beyond.
2 comments:
I've always wanted to see Mt. Rushmore. Maybe we'll have you as our tour guides since you've seen a lot of Middle America.
OK you US travelers. I am so jealous and wishing we had some way to scrape together the pennies to visit you and then travel around visiting some of the amazing sites you have been too!
Post a Comment