Hippy Hoppity, Easter's on its way! At least that's what the dessert looked like that we took to the Senior Family Home Evening last night.The first Monday of each month, President and Sister Roach host the senior missionaries for a great potluck dinner, lesson and socialization.
The three-layered cake was a hit. I used strawberry, lemon and vanilla dyed green as my cake layers.
Elder Mendenhall and I taught an Easter lesson. I used the filled Easter eggs that contained the scriptures of Christ's Crucifixion and small items representing the incidents. It worked out well because we have exactly 12 people (not including Doc and I) who went on the hunt for the 12 eggs. They opened and read their scriptures contained in the eggs in order. Elder Mendenhall read from Cleon Skousen's account of the resurrection and the empty tomb.
It was Elder and Sister Randall's last get together. They finish their 18-month mission the end of March. They concluded the FHE with their sweet testimonies.
A grand time was had by all.
It's hard to believe but we had just started our mission last Easter. I remember listening to Elder Robert Oaks deliver a stirring Easter lesson surrounded by all the mission presidents and their wives. How we have grown to love and admire them. How we have grown spiritually with the experiences of our mission.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you posted a picture of the cake. I was hoping you would, and boy does it looks delicious! You look pretty great too! It sounds like all had a really nice night. I love that the adults hunted for eggs first. You're a creative one, for sure!
The cake looks delicious! We sure will miss you this Easter. I finally decorated for St. Patrick's Day, and then I can't believe Easter is just a week after that!
Post a Comment