Thursday, March 13, 2008

Good Friends, Good Food

We were excited to see Kim and Sheila Anderson in Chicago. Kim was attending hospital meetings. We met on Tues., March 11 for a scrumptious dinner in the city.

We dined at the Lux. It is owned by the same company as The Cheesecake Factory. Oh my, were our dinners delish! Doc had salmon prepared three different ways. I had the pan-roasted chicken and it was divine. Visiting and getting caught up with the Andersons was even better.

I guess we've found another "favorite" place to dine in Chicago.

After dinner, we walked back to Ogilvie Transportation Center and caught the 8:40 p.m. Metra back to Lombard. Twilight was beautiful and it was a grand way to end the evening--strolling among the lighted skyscrapers.

4 comments:

Shortcake and Company said...

I'm glad you two were able to have more visitors from home. The dinner sounds yummy too. What a great way to break up the same old routine. The Andersons are fun to visit with too.

Shannon said...

I love Sheila. I worked with her at Payson City. She used to be my shoulder to cry on when we were trying to have a baby. And then when we adopted Abbi, she cheered me on. I didn't know you knew them. Small world, Shannon.

grammy said...

I am so jealous that I could not be there to enjoy the evening with great friends. It reminds me of the old MVH days when we all had so much fun together. I miss the good ole days (but I don't miss all the work that accompanied those days!)

Hope all is well with the missionaries.

Jdougolsen said...

I can't believe that you ate out with the Anderson's! I love them! Bro. Anderson used to be in the Bishopric of the Payson Singles' Ward while I was attending it.

Anyway, good luck and may the love of God be with you