What a great surprise to have our orchid bloom again! Doc gave this to me for my birthday last May. It probably had 12 blossoms that bloomed for months. We kept it by the computer and enjoyed it so. When the blossoms died and fell, I kept the plant because the leaves were so large and beautiful. To be honest, I kind of forgot about the plant and rarely watered it. Imagine my surprise when it started to shoot out a stem. It kept growing and developed blossoms. It now has four beautiful blooms. I think it has truly been a gift of nature in a cold and dreary late winter. Spring is on its way!

2 comments:
I didn't know those reblossomed! Mine have always died right after I got them, no surprise, so I threw them away! What a fun surprise!
Ahh...orchids are my fave!! I've been lucky to have three in my bathroom for the past six months or so. But after they die, I never have the patience to wait for them to rebloom. And, surprisingly I don't kill them right off the bat!
Post a Comment