Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Special Baptism


Yesterday we were privileged to attend the baptisms of Holly Ostrander and her brother David Neils. We have been attending the investigator Sunday School class in the Avon Ward.  Although I had only sat by Holly once, she asked the missionaries if I would say the opening prayer at their baptism.  I felt so honored to participate in their special day.

Holly and I just hit it off. The lesson in Sunday School 2-weeks ago was about the Plan of Salvation and we talked about being truly washed clean of our sins through baptism. The Spirit was strong and both of us had tears.  It's exciting to see people like Holly and David be so eager to learn. It's times like this that make me glad I'm a missionary. 

After the baptism, Holly, David, Holly's 17-year-old daughter Autumn and 84-year-old Dad sang "How Great Thou Art".  It reminded me of Grandpa since that was his favorite hymn too.

Pictured left to right are David, Holly and Elder Rogers.  It was a very good day. I can honestly say, Holly and David were filled with joy. So were we.

1 comment:

Shortcake and Company said...

What an incredible experience. She chose wisely for you to say the prayer...you're amazing!