These pictures say it all. We both had mixed emotions--sad to leave home and dear family but happy the Lord has a plan for us and we are able to serve.
Even though we had an underlying sadness in leaving family, the Spirit continued to buoy us and confirm we are doing the right thing at the right time. This is where the Lord wants us serving at this time in our lives.
Doc started packing the car Tuesday night. Remarkably we had less “stuff” than we did on our last mission. There was even room for a sandwich inside the car! When we packed for our first mission Doc said we had loaded the car so full, we’d need to eat our sandwiches outside because there just wasn’t any room inside.
Wednesday morning we took a few pictures of our loaded car and the gorgeous blossoming weeping cherry tree out front, fastened our seat belts and drove north on Scenic Drive for one last time in a year. Surprisingly there were no tears. I think we had both drained them the days before when we said goodbye to the families. I guess we were both just glad to “get this thing started”.



1 comment:
Okay...I'm not sure if seeing pictures helped me or made it worse. I so miss you two! I'm so excited you're back to blogging. Glad you could fit in the sandwich this time. That's one of my favorite stories.
Post a Comment