Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!





Wow do I feel spoiled or what! Thank you for remembering me on my birthday. I got some great stuff, super birthday cards and dined at one of my favorite Chicagoland restaurants.


The day started with Doc making crepes stuffed with fresh strawberries and cream cheese. For lunch we joined President and Sister Roach at Maggianos. Sister Roach and I split their chicken spinach manicotti. It's sooooooo good. Tiffany can testify to that. One of the senior couples, the Roberts, hosted us for dinner and made Thai food. Sister Jenks put the icing on the cake literally with a yummy birthday cake.


Making the day complete was talking with friends and family on the phone and listening to grandchildren serenade me with "Happy Birthday to You." The only way the day could have been better was to do all those things in Utah County and gather birthday hugs and kisses in person. But that's what I get to look forward to next year!

3 comments:

Shortcake and Company said...

Maggiano's is the best! I'm so glad you found that place and were able to lunch their on your birthday. I'm glad you had a great birthday...you deserve the best. LOVE YOU!!

Rachelle Carling said...

I am so glad you were able to celebrate your birthday Chicago style! You sure are an amazing Mom and one heck of a best friend. I sure love you and can't wait to celebrate your next birthday Utah style... love ya lots!

Tiffany Fairbanks said...

I can attest to that food! YUMMMMYY!!! I can't wait for next year either!